The following explains how we collect, store and handle your personal data. For further information please refer to our Privacy Commitment Policy.
Why we collect your data
We collect your data when you purchase a product or service (for example membership) from us. This is so that we can fulfil the order. We only keep that data for as long as we need to, for example:
- We will retain your data for no longer than 6 months after the membership has been cancelled. After that time your data will be deleted.
- If you are a non-member and purchase any non-membership products or services from us, we will hold your data in line with statutory requirements and for no more than 6 months after the provision of the order or service. After that time your data will be deleted.
When you purchase from us or become a Homecare Association member, you have the option of signing up to receive further information from us on a range of topics. If you have selected the option to receive these communications, we may use the data we hold about you to help us personalise the information that we send to you. For example, we can tailor it to where in the UK you are located and to your professional interests.
How we collect your data
We do this in a number of ways, including where you share information with us. Such as when:
- you complete or update your membership details
- you make online purchases with us
- you register for website access with us
- you provide us details of your branches or staff that you would like to receive information
- you provide us with details of delegates booked on to events
We treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
When we'll share your data
We will only share your data with third parties where it is essential. Possible examples include:
- giving your address to a courier so they can deliver your order
- giving your name, employer name and job title to a trainer when you are attending an event so they can record attendance
- Giving your name, organisation name and address details to a mailing house so they can deliver your copy of our Homecarer magazine
Please note that where third parties supply services as part of membership benefits, they only receive organisational level information, no personal details are shared.
Using our Disclosure Service or WDF partnership
We collect and process only data as required by these services. Specific staff members have the authority to handle this sensitive data.
Know your rights
You have many rights regarding your personal data. These include seeing what data we hold and updating your information. For further information on your rights please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Unsubscribing or closing your account
You can unsubscribe from email communications or change the emails that you receive at any time by logging in and amending your preferences or by pressing ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of one of our emails. If you would like to close your account, please contact [email protected].
United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd 2018. The registered company address of the Homecare Association is Sutton Business Centre, Restmor Way, Wallington, Surrey, SM6 7AH. Registered in England. Company registration number: 03083104. VAT no: 684 9337 83.