Workforce development fund
Skills for Care Workforce Development Fund 2021/22 (England Only)
We regret that there is no comparable funding by Skills for Care's equivalent bodies in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The 2021/22 Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is now open.
About the WDF
As a reminder, the WDF allows care providers to reclaim staff training costs. It is funded by the Dept. of Health and Social Care and then disseminated by Skill for Care to approved partnerships. The Homecare Association operates one of these partnerships for the benefit of our members. In the previous funding year, the Homecare Association distributed £267,520 of funding to care providers.
How to claim and changes to the claim process
- Please read the employer guidance as individual units can no longer be claimed and only whole awards can be submitted so please check the list of funded courses to ensure your claim is eligible.
- We can only accept claims for funding if your ASC-WDS (NMDS-SC) information has been updated since 01/01/21. If you require assistance please see the guidance on the WDF requirements for ASC-WDS (NMDS-SC) or contact them on 0113 241 0969.
- Please note that claims received where the ASC-WDS (NMDS-SC) requirements have not been met will NOT be processed.
- You will need to complete a cost summary sheet for each learner and submit this with the learners certificate (and the unit breakdown for level 5 QCF qualifications).
- An Employer Claim Submission Form MUST be fully completed and sent with each batch of claims.
- All certificates MUST have a completion date after 01/01/21.
- A fully completed cost summary sheet must be included with the claim evidence for each learner and a claim submission form must be included with each batch of claims.
Please see the Information for Employers leaflet for more details.