Consultation on operational guidance to implement a lifetime cap on care costs closes 1 April
The Department of Health and Social Care's consultation on the operational guidance drafted for local authorities to implement the care cost cap that was announced last year closes on 1 April.
The consultation asks what including:
- what counts towards the cap;
- whether the guidance is workable;
- how people progress towards the cap;
- what happens if they move to a different local authority area;
- needs assessments for self-funders;
- what happens when self-funders ask local authorities to meet their needs under section 18(3) of the Care Act;
- how the Government, local authorities can providers can make the introduction of section 18(3) as smooth as possible;
- how care accounts will be managed;
- dispute resolution;
- whether local authorities have the flexibility, capacity, IT systems etc. to implement the guidance.