The Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration is asking for anyone with knowledge and experience of the interaction between the UK immigration system and the social care sector to submit evidence to inform an inspection into this area.
The inspection will be examining the following areas:
- the effectiveness and efficiency of the health and care worker visa route~
- the extent and quality of communication and engagement between the Home Office and the social care sector
- the current suitability of the Home Office’s licensing system for health and care worker visa sponsorship
- the effectiveness of the Home Office’s compliance requirements on sponsors, including how these safeguard employees from exploitation
- the Home Office’s progress towards delivery of their transformation plan, ‘The UK’s Points-Based Immigration System Sponsorship Roadmap’ (published in August 2021) and the effectiveness of any implemented changes.
This call for evidence is extended to 26 September 2023.